Home

What is "the Wash"?
HomeUpcoming EventsAdditional Resources
What is the Wash?
Wash Facts

Where Does Our Water Come From?
Nearly 97 percent of the water flowing into Lake Mead comes from the Colorado River. The remaining 3 percent of the water in Lake Mead is from the Muddy and Virgin Rivers and the Las Vegas Wash. On an annual basis, 85 percent of all the water used in the Las Vegas Valley for residents and visitors comes from Lake Mead (the remaining 15 percent comes from ground water).

Lake Mead map

Las Vegas Wash Project Coordination Team • 100 City Parkway, Suite 700 • Las Vegas, NV 89106 • (702) 822-3300